Feedback and Complaints
SERV SUFFOLK AND CAMBRIDGESHIRE is committed to treating members of the public fairly and to respecting the wishes and preferences of our supporters.
it is the responsibility of the Chairman to ensure complaints from whatever source receive a response.
Should you have a complaint to make we undertake to
- Be responsive when you contact us
- Be professional and respectful in our dealings with you
- Listen and be engaged
- Respect your privacy
- Be accessible through different contact channels.
Our Complaints Procedure and what we will do
SERV SUFFOLK AND CAMBRIDGESHIRE values your support and your feedback. We take your comments seriously. We will listen to what you say, keep you informed about our progress, provide you with a prompt response and tell you how you can escalate your complaint as necessary. We will work hard to resolve problems, correct mistakes and address concerns to your satisfaction.
In the first instance please contact us via the means outlined below, giving as much relevant information as you can, including, where relevant ,the specific nature of your complaint, any relevant dates or times or location, the name or description of any volunteer and so on.
When contacting us about a complaint, please feel free to suggest how you think it could be resolved or how we could do better.
You can contact us in whichever way is most convenient to you and we will respond to you via the same method unless you request us to do so otherwise.
We will acknowledge your complaint and provide an initial response to your feedback within 10 working days.
Whilst we expect to be able to resolve most complaints within that timeframe, if we need to conduct a more in-depth investigation, we will aim to provide you with a full response within 20 working days.
If we are unable to meet that deadline owing to exceptional circumstances, we will of course let you know.
From time to time we might receive complaints that do not relate directly to something that SERV SUFFOLK AND CAMBRIDGESHIRE has done or that we are not in a position to comment on. We are a charity with limited resources and we must use these in the best way possible. This can mean not engaging in lengthy debates on issues that are unrelated to SERV SUFFOLK AND CAMBRIDGESHIRE’s work.
There may be rare occasions when we choose not to respond to a complaint at all. These include:
- When a complaint is about something that SERV SUFFOLK AND CAMBRIDGESHIRE has no direct connection to. We may choose to reply to clear our name but we are not obliged to.
- When someone unreasonably pursues a complaint that we have already responded to. They will be given escalation points but we may choose not to reply again. We will always inform you of our decision to do this.
- When a complainant is being obviously abusive, prejudiced or offensive in their manner.
- When a complainant is harassing a volunteer.
- When a complaint is incoherent or illegible.
- When a complaint has clearly been sent to us and numerous other organisations as part of a bulk mailing or email. In this instance we can choose whether it is necessary for us to reply.
- When a complaint is made anonymously.
We hope that we are able to resolve your complaint in an honest, open and satisfactory way. However, if after contacting us via the means outlined below you are still unhappy then you can write, either by letter or email, directly to our Chairman.
Please outline the details of the complaint, why you have not been satisfied with our response up to now and what you would like us to do to put things right.
If you remain dissatisfied your complaint can be referred, at your request, to the Board of Trustees who will work with our Chairman and Committee to resolve the issue.
If you wish to make a complaint about us please contact us as follows:
Secretary, SERV SUFFOLK AND CAMBRIDGESHIRE, Chiltern Distribution Ltd
Building 3, Funthams Lane, Whittlesey, Peterborough, PE72PB
07900 167 940 (please note that we are all volunteers and sometimes we are unavailable to answer telephone calls. If no one answers immediately, please leave an answer phone message and your call will be returned)